AAT Level 4 Professional Diploma in Accounting
In this qualification you will cover higher accounting tasks including drafting financial statements, managing budgets and evaluating financial performance, as well as optional specialist units including credit management, cash and treasury management, business tax*, personal tax* and external auditing*.
Accredited Achievement: AAT Level 4 Professional Diploma in Accounting
Workshop Attendance: Term Time Wednesdays 09:30 – 14:30
Location: Batley, West Yorkshire
Expected Course Length: Five – Six Academic Terms / 21-24 Months
*units only available via distance learning
To book - choose your preferred course dates below
Begins: Wednesday, 7th September 2022
Half Term: Monday 24th October 2022, to Friday 28th October 2022
Concludes: Wednesday, 14th December 2022
* Please note a further 4 terms of attendance are required.
The AAT Professional Diploma in Accounting offers technical training in accounting and is ideal for anyone wishing to pursue or progress their career in accountancy and or finance.
The purpose of the AAT Professional Diploma in Accounting is to enhance the skills developed from the AAT Advanced Diploma in Accounting, enabling students to maximise opportunities in their current or new employment. By studying for this qualification, students will acquire professional accountancy and finance skills that will be useful throughout their careers, including:
- drafting financial statements for limited companies
- knowledge and skills in complex management accounting techniques
- the ability to analyse accounting systems and their associated controls
- knowledge and skills in specialist accountancy and finance subjects.
Upon completion, you will automatically become an AAT affiliate member and with relevant work experience will qualify for AAT full membership.
The AAT Level 4 Professional Diploma in Accounting runs over five – six academic terms and enhances the skills developed in the intermediate level.
You’ll look at financial team leader skills, including financial statements for limited companies, complex management skills and specialist learning areas.
The AAT Level 4 Professional Diploma in Accounting consists of three mandatory units and two optional units delivered over three terms:
- Management Accounting: Budgeting
- Management Accounting: Decision and Control
- Financial Statements of Limited Companies
One mandatory unit is delivered per term.
The below optional units are delivered via CMS via the classroom learning route. Other optional units can be completed via distance learning. The below units would be delivered in alternative terms alongside a mandatory unit.
- Cash and Treasury Management
- Credit Management
Professional Accounting Synoptic Assessment:
One end of programme assessment encompassing all previously passed mandatory units and additional content from the below unit:
- Assessment Accounting Systems and Controls*
The synoptic assessment will ask students to apply knowledge and skills gained across the qualification in an integrated way, within a workplace context. Scenarios will change over time to ensure the validity of the assessment.
The purpose of this qualification is to ensure that students are well prepared to progress into a career in business, finance or professional accountancy, or into further education.
All of the units within the qualification are mandatory:
Four units are assessed individually in end-of-unit assessments.
This qualification also requires a synoptic assessment that students sit at the end of programme.
The synoptic assessment draws on and assesses knowledge and understanding from across the qualification.
All learners enrolling on the AAT Level 4 Professional Diploma in Accounting receive:
- Weekly professional tutor support in a welcoming classroom environment
- 6 x Study text including knowledge checking activities throughout
- 6 x Revision kits containing a wide range of further assessment preparation tasks
- Sage One student account to be used in conjunction with the computerised accountancy unit
Please note the course fee does not include:
- AAT Membership
- Assessment Fees (£55 per assessment)
Option 2: Pay a £150 deposit by calling CMS or booking online. The remaining balance can be paid interest free via Direct Debit over 3, 6 or 9 months.
Your typical salary range will be £20,897*.
*AAT’s 2017 Salary Survey. Represents the mean of all respondents.
Potential jobs after completing this qualification:
The primary and most important outcome of the AAT Professional Diploma in Accounting is that it can lead to a wide variety of well-paid accountancy and finance jobs, some of which include:
- professional accounting technician
- assistant auditor
- assistant management accountant
- commercial analyst
- payroll manager
- senior bookkeeper
- senior financial officer
- accounts payable and expenses supervisor
- assistant financial accountant
- cost accountant
- fixed asset accountant
- indirect tax manager
- payments and billing manager
- senior fund accountant
- senior insolvency administrator
- tax supervisor
- VAT accountant